Glide64 "Napalm WX" Release 1
Glide64 'Napalm WX' Release 1
Published thursday 20 august 2009 by gonetz
(scroll down for the download link!)
1. Glide64 (the plugin)
- As usual, tons of fixes in many games. It's impossible to list them all.
- New microcode implemented: "zSort". All games and demos based on this microcode now work.
- New user interface layout. All settings are now in one interface, including wrapper settings.
- 3 screen shot formats: BMP, PNG, JPEG.
- 3 screen aspect modes: 4:3, 16:9, Stretch
2. GlideHQ (the texture enhancer)
- Bugfixes and optimizations
- Added "Store" mode to cache all textures without modifications. Since texture cache is persistent and automatically loaded with the game, it improves plugin's performance as N64 textures must be converted into an internal format only once.
3. Glitch64 (the glide wrapper)
- Removed user interface
- Removed support for old cards. Your video card MUST support shaders.
- Removed obsolete options
- Bugfixes and optimizations
Fixes: (as of 9 january 2010)
- fix for multicore CPU
- New experimental fix for backgrounds. Fixed Glover sky blue line issue.
- Report me, if you will find a new issue(s) in other games with this fix.
- Fix for "Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits". This fix must break something else, but I don't remember what. If you will find, what is broken by this fix, I probably will be able to fix both games.
- Fix for sky in pokemon stadium
- Fix for texrect problem in Golden Eye
- Fixes for KI Gold issues
- More fixes for KI Gold issues
- Fix for WCW Nitro
- Fix for MLB Featuring Ken Griffey Jr.
- Fixed Rayman text
- Fixed Indy Racing 2000 track color
- Fixed hires backgrounds load
- Fixed RDRAM size autodetection (Paper Mario cured).
- Fixed backgrounds in Worms: Armageddon
- Fixed textures corruption in Quake 2.
- Fixed scaled backgrounds rendering (Doraemon 2, Command&Conquer, Super Robot Spirit).
Starting from this version, Glide64 is a multiplatform project. The "WX" suffix in the codename reflects the fact that Glide64 now supports Windows and Unix. If the Glide wrapper and texture enhancer modules were designed to be portable from the start, Glide64 itself was a pure windows application. This new version is powered by the wxWidgets library, which is used for all platform-dependent tasks, like the GUI, threading, file system etc. In theory, Glide64 now can work on all x86 platforms, supported by wxWidgets, namely MS Windows, Unix with GTK+, Unix with Motif, and MacOSX. In practice, the end-user binary release is ready only for MS Windows. Users of other OS, e.g. Linux, must build it manually from sources. This is a temporary situation, caused by lack of time and absence of non-Windows beta testers.
In conclusion I want to thank the people, who work with me on this release:
- Hiroshi 'KoolSmoky' Morii. Hiroshi is not only the author of the most advanced texture enhancement module out there; he also added many improvements and optimizations to the wrapper and the plugin itself. His assistance helped me to solve heap of technical issues, which I met on the road to release.
- Brad 'mudlord' Miller. Being one of the most active wrapper developers, Brad performed all the work for porting the wrapper to Linux and also helped me with many Linux-specific technical issues.
- Olivieryuyu. Olivier is the main beta tester for the last several years. He made titanic work, testing all the games again and again in search of issues and their possible solutions. Olivier is a hardcore fan of N64 emulation, and his enthusiasm constantly pushes me forward.
- Wes 'Legend' McDaniel. Wes plays the role of quality assurance manager. He feels very well, how the user interface should look and work and which features must be implemented for comfortable use of the plugin. If you will find this version more convenient in use, this is thanks to Wes. If not - blame me for not listen all his advices :)
To download the latest Glide64 plugin, please visit this page. (the latest plugin should always be on top)
There are also WiP (Work in progress) being released, and you can find them here.
If you've encountered any bug, issue or anything report it here.